Sweet and healthy banana cake recipe
When you think of cake, you undoubtedly think of sweet and sugar. Delicious, but unhealthy. Fortunately, a healthy version is also possible: banana cake! Creamy, full of flavor and simply irresistible. Are you entertaining guests or do you want to treat yourself to something sweet on the weekend? This banana cake is a winner.
What you'll need
- 4 ripe bananas
- 140 grams flour
- 60 grams almond flour
- 25 grams coconut sugar
- 25 grams brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 85 grams dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 1 knob of semi-salted butter
Also useful for making banana cake
- 2 large bowls
- Sharp knife
- Scales or measuring jug
- Cake pan (25 cm)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the flour, coconut sugar, brown sugar, almond flour and baking powder to one of the bowls. Then mix the contents of the bowl with a whisk.
- Peel 3 bananas and mash them in the other bowl with a fork.
- Cream the bananas into a smooth mixture and gradually add 2 eggs. Mix everything well.
- Add the contents of the first bowl to the second bowl.
- This is where muscle power comes in handy! Beat everything again until smooth.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate with a knife so that you get small chunks. Add the chocolate to the batter. You can also omit the chocolate.
- Grease the cake tin with a little butter. Use a piece of kitchen paper for this. Sprinkle a pinch of flour in the cake pan.
- Pour the batter from the bowl into the cake pan. Peel the last banana and cut it lengthwise. Carefully place the banana on top of the cake batter.
- Place the banana cake in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Does the top have a nice golden brown color? If so, the cake is ready! Let it cool for another 10 minutes before serving.