Making Festive Egg Muffins
These egg muffins look so festive that they are perfect for an Easter breakfast or Christmas brunch. But it’s a shame to eat them only during the holidays. Egg muffins are healthy and super easy to make. You can also have them for breakfast or lunch at the weekend!
Did you know... These egg muffins are not real muffins. They contain no flour or oil. As a result, this version does not taste like cake, but more like a savory snack. Egg muffins are rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals and give you a feeling of satiety. A healthy choice!
What you'll needFor 6 pieces
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 100 milliliters of skimmed or plant-based milk
- One handful of baby spinach
- 1 tomato
- 50 grams of ham or chicken strips
- Salt and pepper
What else you'll need for these egg muffins
- 1 silicone muffin or cupcake pan
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Oven with baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the baking tray in the center.
- Cut the tomato into pieces and chop the baby spinach finely.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and gradually add the milk.
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach, tomato and ham or chicken strips among the muffin tins.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 with the egg mixture.
- Place the muffin tin in the center of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.