Recipe: Versatile salad with pear
Salads: you can vary them endlessly and add ingredients to taste. Like this versatile, fresh salad with pear. Packed with vegetables, juicy fruit and crunchy nuts. With a touch of pecorino for a slightly tangy, salty flavor. Perfect for lunch or as a light dinner.
What you'll needFor 4 people
- 2 ripe pears
- 4 cups of mixed lettuce
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pecans (unroasted and unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (not roasted or salted)
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts (unroasted and unsalted) or more pecans/walnuts
- ⅓ cup shaved pecorino cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette
- sea salt and black pepper
- Slice the pears and fennel in (paper-thin) slices.
- Chop the nuts.
- Place the mixed lettuce on plates and divide the pear and fennel slices.
- Squeeze a little lemon over the pears and fennel and spoon over the salad.
- Top with cranberries, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts and pecorino.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Season with pepper and a pinch of sea salt, if desired.