We’re sure you have had wraps before. But did you know why this recipe is perfect if you have had weight loss surgery? Well, it's packed with protein sources such as salmon, chicken, or shrimp. Whole grain wraps are a great source of fiber, keeping you feeling fuller, and they are gentler on your stomach than white bread or other refined grains. As for the veggies - they're not just there to make the wrap look pretty – they’re high in vitamins and minerals making them an ideal choice for a healthy lifestyle. So, let’s make wraps!
Did you know…
That the beauty of wrap is its versatility? The key to a successful healthy lifestyle is variety and balance. So, don't be afraid to get creative with your wraps and add or substitute ingredients based on your preferences and dietary needs. Not a fan of salmon? Try chicken or turkey. The world is your oyster. Or should we say, your wrap!
For 4 servings
1. Cut the bell pepper, tomatoes, and egg into small pieces.
2. Place the wraps one by one in a pan and warm briefly.
3. Spread the wraps with cream cheese, dairy spread, green pesto or hummus.
4. Then top with lettuce, rocket or spinach, bell pepper and tomato.
5. Divide smoked salmon, chicken, or shrimp over the wrap. Finally, add some bits of egg.
6. Roll the wraps and cut them in half. Serve on a plate and enjoy!
Wraps are perfect after surgery and in any season because you can customize them to your liking. Choose cold, nutritious ingredients in summer or when you have them for lunch. Or eat wraps warm on a chilly winter night as dinner. Wraps are also ideal as meal prep. Just cut all the ingredients in advance and heat up the protein sources and wraps when you plan to serve them.